By Janet Carsten
Unique in concentration and foreign in scope, this ebook brings jointly 10 essays concerning the fabric, metaphorical, and symbolic value of blood.
- An interdisciplinary research that unites the paintings of famous historians and anthropologists
- Incorporates insights from contemporary paintings in symbolism, kinship experiences, scientific anthropology, the anthropology of faith, the sociological research of finance, and textual analysis
- Covers issues akin to Medieval ecu conceptions of blood; blood and the mind; blood and the cultural examine of finance; and blood varieties, id, and organization in twentieth-century America
Read or Download Blood Will Out: Essays on Liquid Transfers and Flows (Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute Special Issue Book Series) PDF
Similar anthropology books
To feel anthropological research can shift among worldwide and native views might suggest that the 2 co-exist as broader and narrower horizons or contexts of information. The facts for this is often present in ethnographic money owed the place contrasts are time and again drawn among the encircling realm and way of life or in worth platforms which sumultaneously trivialise and aggrandise or in shifts among what relates to the final or to the actual.
`A polished piece of labor which takes a funky and dispassionate examine way of life. . Meticulous and insightful' - Jim McGuigan, Professor of Cultural research, college of Loughborough. This illuminating e-book, which explores the belief of subcultures, strains the concept that again to its foundations within the works of Tonnies and Durkheim and, to a lesser measure, Marx and Weber.
Cryptozoology is better understood because the learn of animals which, within the eyes of Western technology, are extinct, unclassified or unrecognised. as a result, and partially as a result of its selective equipment and absence of epistemological rigour, cryptozoology is frequently pushed aside as a pseudo-science. despite the fact that, there's a growing to be reputation that social technological know-how can make the most of enticing with it, for as as social scientists are rather well acutely aware, ’scientific’ categorisation and clarification represents only one of a myriad of platforms utilized by people to let them to categorise and make experience of the area round them.
In an international and speedily altering advertisement surroundings, companies more and more use collaborative ethnographic learn to appreciate what motivates their staff and what their clients worth. during this quantity, anthropologists, advertising execs, desktop scientists and others research matters, demanding situations, and successes of ethnographic cooperation within the company international.
- Food Between the Country and the City: Ethnographies of a Changing Global Foodscape
- Triads, The: The Hung Society or the Society of Heaven on Earth (Kegan Paul China Library)
- The Problem of Ritual Efficacy (Oxford Ritual Studies)
- Development and Social Change: A Global Perspective
Additional info for Blood Will Out: Essays on Liquid Transfers and Flows (Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute Special Issue Book Series)
Blood Will Out: Essays on Liquid Transfers and Flows (Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute Special Issue Book Series) by Janet Carsten