By Elizabeth Campbell,Luke Eric Lassiter
• Presents ethnography as artistic and crafty instead of analytical or technical
• Emphasises the collaborative nature of ethnography
• Structured routines domesticate useful adventure
• Includes a dialogue on indexing and analyzing venture materials
• Provides information on interview questions and choosing applicable box equipment
Read or Download Doing Ethnography Today: Theories, Methods, Exercises PDF
Best anthropology books
To consider anthropological research can shift among international and native views may possibly suggest that the 2 co-exist as broader and narrower horizons or contexts of information. The evidence for this is present in ethnographic money owed the place contrasts are again and again drawn among the encircling realm and lifestyle or in worth platforms which sumultaneously trivialise and aggrandise or in shifts among what relates to the final or to the actual.
`A polished piece of labor which takes a funky and dispassionate examine lifestyle. . Meticulous and insightful' - Jim McGuigan, Professor of Cultural research, college of Loughborough. This illuminating publication, which explores the belief of subcultures, strains the concept that again to its foundations within the works of Tonnies and Durkheim and, to a lesser measure, Marx and Weber.
Cryptozoology is better understood because the research of animals which, within the eyes of Western technology, are extinct, unclassified or unrecognised. consequently, and partly due to its selective tools and shortage of epistemological rigour, cryptozoology is frequently brushed off as a pseudo-science. even though, there's a transforming into acceptance that social technology can make the most of enticing with it, for as as social scientists are rather well conscious, ’scientific’ categorisation and rationalization represents only one of a myriad of platforms utilized by people to permit them to categorise and make experience of the realm round them.
In an international and speedily altering advertisement surroundings, companies more and more use collaborative ethnographic examine to appreciate what motivates their staff and what their shoppers worth. during this quantity, anthropologists, advertising and marketing execs, machine scientists and others research concerns, demanding situations, and successes of ethnographic cooperation within the company global.
- Inheriting Possibility: Social Reproduction and Quantification in Education
- Embedding cultural factors into the HFACS framework: Adding a cultural perspective to the Human Factors Analysis Classification System
- Encountering Difference
- SOC 2016 (B&B Sociology)
- Counterfeit Itineraries in the Global South: The human consequences of piracy in China and Brazil (Routledge Studies in Anthropology)
- Culture, Social Movements, and Protest
Extra resources for Doing Ethnography Today: Theories, Methods, Exercises
Doing Ethnography Today: Theories, Methods, Exercises by Elizabeth Campbell,Luke Eric Lassiter