By Joan T. Erber,Lenore T. Szuchman
Great Myths of Aging appears to be like on the generalizations and stereotypes linked to older humans and, with a mix of humor and state of the art learn, dispels these universal myths.
- Reader-friendly constitution breaks myths down into different types reminiscent of physique, brain, and dwelling Contexts; and appears at myths from “Older humans get bored in intercourse” to “Older individuals are stingy”
- Explains the origins of myths and misconceptions approximately aging
- Looks on the unlucky results of anti-aging stereotypes for either the reader and older adults in society
Read Online or Download Great Myths of Aging (Great Myths of Psychology) PDF
Best gerontology books
Within the moment variation, Gelfand devotes better consciousness to the impression of immigration at the usa and gives an invaluable version for companies operating with older folks from various ethnic backgrounds. in line with 2000 Census info, this version includes up-to-date references all through in addition to new tables/graphs.
Véritable traité de gérontologie sociale, il s’agit du most excellent manuel francophone traitant des différents facets sociaux des vieillissements. Il porte le projet d’une société plurielle et inclusive, d’une société pour tous les âges où il fait bon vieillir. _x000D_
Tv within the Nursing domestic: A Case research of the Media intake workouts and methods of Nursing domestic citizens is a three-stage ethnographic learn of media use through the aged in long term care amenities. This study concludes that gazing tv is the main primary and pervasive job for sufferers.
I will continuously and perpetually consider i've got a 'hole' in my lifestyles the place my mom as soon as existed. I imagine, if you have to contemplate the actual fact you will have to keep up your mom and dad sometime and juggle teenagers on the similar time It's a frightening proposition. We had open verbal exchange in the course of and ahead of the breast melanoma.
- Alzheimer's Disease, Media Representations and the Politics of Euthanasia: Constructing Risk and Selling Death in an Ageing Society
- Facing the Age Wave (HOOVER INST PRESS PUBLICATION)
- Der demographische Wandel als ein globales Problem? (German Edition)
- New Directions in the Study of Late Life Religiousness and Spirituality
- New Frontiers in Socialization: 7 (Advances in Life Course Research)
Additional info for Great Myths of Aging (Great Myths of Psychology)
Great Myths of Aging (Great Myths of Psychology) by Joan T. Erber,Lenore T. Szuchman